ADMISSIONS ESCONDIDO CHARTER HIGH SCHOOL
AMERICAN HERITAGE CHARTER SCHOOLS
The ECHS lottery application period:
OPENS on Tuesday, October 10, 2023.
CLOSES on Friday, January 12, 2024 @ 3:30pm.
The lottery will be held during the Escondido Charter High School Board meeting on Wednesday, January 31, 2024, in the Escondido Charter High School library, located at 1868 East Valley Parkway, Escondido, CA 92027. You do not need to be present to participate. You will be notified of the lottery results by mail following the meeting.
Applications submitted after the closing of the lottery application period will automatically be added to the waitlist.
As a part of the California public school system, Escondido Charter High School is excited to open its doors to all interested students. It is our goal to provide each parent with educational choice. With interest in ECHS at an all-time high, our school is currently receiving more requests for enrollment than we can accept. To ensure fairness in our selection process, ECHS follows state and local guidelines, which require us to hold a lottery whenever the number of applicants we receive exceeds our capacity. Applicants will be selected solely on the basis of the lottery results, in accordance with established priorities.
Students who live within the Escondido Union High School District boundaries will be given priority in the lottery. If your student is selected in the lottery, you will be required to submit two forms of proof of residence, to verify eligibility and priority status. [ECHS Lottery Preferences]
NOTE: Falsifications, misrepresentations, and omissions will disqualify your application. All information you provide will remain confidential and not be shared with any other person/entity for any purpose.
ECHS Board-Approved Policy for Lottery Preferences
The lottery order for Escondido Charter High School is as follows:
- Dependents of current full-time employees & Board Members of American Heritage Charter Schools (AHCS), consisting of the following Charters: Escondido Charter High School and Heritage K-8 Charter School (Full-time defined as a staff member who works a guaranteed number of hours per week.);
- Current and continuously enrolled 8th grade students of Heritage K-8 Charter School;
- Siblings of current and continuously enrolled students from Heritage K-8 Charter School and Escondido Charter High School;
- Students who are currently enrolled in, or who reside in the elementary school attendance area of the public elementary school in which Escondido Charter High School is located (currently Rose Elementary School) for purposes of the Charter School Facility Grant Program;
- Students who reside within Escondido Union High School District boundaries;
- Students who reside outside Escondido Union High School District boundaries;
Lottery & Campus Visit Forms
Providing the highest level of service is important to us. Our Enrollment Coordinator, Leanne Megna, will be available to assist you as you navigate through this process. Leanne Megna can be reached at:
ECHS and ECHS Flex